Every year my friend, Austin Lugar, asks a bunch of his friends to take a look back at all the TV episodes of the year and pick their one favorite to write about and then rank their Top Ten. I hate picking favorites because they’re are so many brilliant shows and I’m bound to forget one. To note, I did. I forgot one of my favorite TV shows Community, who can forget the MeowMeowBeanz episodes. I slammed my head on the table when I forgot. Alas see below, the choice I made for favorite episode of 2014 and check out the rest of everyones thoughts over at Austin’s Blog.
Brooklyn Nine Nine
A lot of people want to punch Andy Samberg in the face. This is the common response I get when I tell people I watch Brooklyn Nine Nine to then I respond with it’s hilarious and Andy’s character gets punch in the face. Will that make you watch it? This show also offers so many other fantastic actors and character, this show introduce me to Chelsea Peretti and her awesome dance moves.
This “office” comedy started it’s run in 2013 and had a rocky start but then coming into 2014 it hit it’s stride and then even come back stronger with it’s second season. It gave us one of my favorites “will they won’t they” relationship and a great game called Kwazy Cupcakes. They have running plots, like the Halloween prank, the Pontiac bandit and Giggle Pig. It was hard to pick one episode because each episode as they all bring it, (especially the second season) but I had to go with ‘The Mole’ as this clearly showcases the comedic genius of Andy and Andre as most of the episode they’re stuck in a room, which is a occurring theme for Brooklyn Nine Nine.
Let’s for one second talk about the location, Brooklyn, where I live and love living. Conveniently the outside shot of the police building is in the neighborhood I live in Park Slope and another coincidence is Pawnee is based on a town I went to college. I’m predicting he makes his new TV show in Wisconsin, where I was born because he is obviously basing his location off my life
Essentially, who doesn’t love a dead pan Andre Bruaghner, also did I mention it won two Golden Globes, those mean a lot, well for this one show it does!
TOP 10 EPISODES OF 2014:
- Broad City: Apartment Hunters (Season 1, episode 9)
- Sherlock : The Sign of Three (Series 3, Episode 2)
- Brooklyn Nine Nine: The Mole (Season 5, Episode 5)
- Hannibal: Mizumono (Season 2, Episode 13)
- Fargo: A Fox, a Rabbit and a Cabbage (Season 1, Episode 9)
- Game of Thrones: The Laws of God Men (Season 4, Episode 6)
- The Leftovers: Cairo (Seson 1, episode 8)
- Veep: Clovis (Season 3, episode 4)
- Doctor Who: Listen (Season 8, Episode 4)
- Mad Men: The Runways (Season 7, Episode 5)
- Parks and Recreation: Filibuster (Season 6 Episode 6)
- The Affair: 7
- House of Cards: Chapter 14
- Broad City: The Lockout
- Silicon Valley: Optimal Tip to Tip Efficiency